April joined Hanna Brophy’s Oakland office in 2017. She began her career in workers’ compensation in January 2012. While earning her Master of Public Administration degree, she worked as the graduate assistant to the former DWC Administrative Director, Judge Rosa Moran, until August 2012. Immediately following her position at the DWC, she began working as a legal assistant at the Law Offices of Pomper & Dettenhaim.
April enrolled in law school at Golden Gate University in 2014 and continued working at Pomper & Dettenhaim. As she pursued her legal education, her responsibilities increased, and her role at the firm developed into that of a law clerk and legal assistant. In 2016, April completed an externship as a law clerk at Ivancich, Martin & Costis, LLP while working at the Law Offices of Pomper & Dettenhaim. April graduated from GGU Law in the top 10% of her graduating class in May 2017.
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- GGU Law Graduate with Honors and Membership in the Jesse Carter Society
- GGU Law Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- GGU Law Dean’s List 6/8 semesters
- Witkin Awards
- Lawyering: Criminal Justice
- Professional Responsibility
- Appellate Advocacy
- Practical Legal Writing
- Real Estate Transactions
- CALI Awards
- Writing & Research I
- Writing & Research II
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure I
- Evening Vice President, Student Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Member, Moot Court Board (2016-2017)
- Member, Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA)
WANT TO CONTACT April?