Katie Nowak joined Hanna Brophy as an associate attorney in May of 2013. She defends self-insured private employers, public entities, and insurance carriers in all aspects of workers’ compensation.
Katie graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and a minor in English. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law. While at USD, Katie served double-tenure as the treasurer of the Women’s Law Caucus, clerked at a civil litigation firm, and mediated cases at San Diego County Small Claims Court.
- Orange County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Lawyer’s Club of San Diego
- Former Domestic Violence Clinic Volunteer through Pro Bono Legal Advocates
- Former Domestic Violence & Unlawful Detainer Clinic Coordinator through Pro Bono Legal Advocates
how am I green?
I recycle and use paperless credit card & bank statements
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- State Bar of California
- High Pass in Negotiations (Highest Grade in Class)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, awarded membership in 2011
WANT TO CONTACT Katie?