Hanna Brophy, a premier workers’ compensation defense firm, is hiring a Hearing Representative. Hanna Brophy practices law using the latest in technology in a culture of open communication and creative problem solving. The Hearing Representative is primarily responsible for analysis, management, and resolution of lien cases. In this position, your responsibilities include communicating with relevant parties involved in a case, obtaining, preparing, and filing legal documents, and performing research relevant to lien negotiation and resolution. Your duties also include reviewing case information, preparing a proposal to resolve each lien, and providing legal representation when cases appear before a Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- 401(k), including matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Discount
- Review claims files and provide thorough analysis of lien issues
- Analyze and implement lien strategy and resolution plans at the file level; direct cases toward resolution; thoroughly document all activities in the lien/claim file
- Research case law, statutes, and regulations on a variety of topics including lien resolution, and transform data researched into practical solutions
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective resolution of liens; negotiate liens within appropriate financial authority, parameters set by department leadership, and in accordance with all applicable laws and resolutions
- Attend lien hearings and negotiate resolution of provider liens in an assigned caseload of workers’ compensation claims, present settlement documents before the WCAB, and thoroughly report on appearances
- Provide legal support to the Lien Unit as it relates to all types of lien issues present on files
- Communicate with lien claimants and their representatives, clients, judges/court personnel, attorneys, paralegals, and support staff to ensure cases are handled efficiently
- Draft legal documents including pleadings, reports, and settlement agreements
- Knowledge of CA Workers’ Compensation Laws
- Three to five years of related experience required
Performance Traits & Competencies:
- Excellent communication, research, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical systems and procedures.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.