Pat McAleer has been representing employers in all aspects of employment practice litigation, including serious & willful misconduct claims, Cal/OSHA litigation, 132a discrimination claims, wage & hour claims, insurance coverage disputes, FEHA/EEOC discrimination claims, uninsured employers concerns, insurance rate disputes, and WCIRB litigation since 1979. Mr. McAleer represents public and private self-insured employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB). He also represents public entities before the public employees retirement system. He has appeared on behalf of California employers and has argued cases before the California District Court of Appeals as well as the California Supreme Court.
Mr. McAleer serves as a judge pro tem at the WCAB. He is on the Workers’ Compensation Arbitrators list and frequently arbitrates disputes between parties on issues of insurance coverage and contribution.
- Commissioner on the Workers’ Compensation Law Advisory Commission of the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Board of Directors for the Employers Advisory Council (EAC) in Northern California
- California Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys Association
- National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network (NWCDN)
- State Bar of California
- California District Court of Appeals
- California Supreme Court
Awards + Rankings
- Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law, State of California
No publications have been added to this profile.