In 1986, Elizabeth began her legal career with Hanna Brophy as a law clerk during her second year of law school at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. She became an associate attorney in 1988 following her graduation and was promoted as one of our partners in 1994. She became the managing partner of the Firm’s Sacramento office in 2000, and, in 2008, she was appointed to the Firm’s executive committee. On December 4, 2010, she was elected as Hanna Brophy’s fourteenth senior partner.
Elizabeth has an accomplished trial practice, obtaining countless “take nothing” decisions before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, many of which were injury AOE/COE psychiatric cases invoking the good faith personnel action defense. Her clients are primarily self-insured governmental agencies and school districts.
- Chair, Board of Education, Faith Lutheran School 2011-2013
- Sunday School Teacher, Faith Lutheran Church 2002-present
- Bella Vista High School Booster Club
- Boy Scouts of America
- Chi Omega Alumnae of Sacramento
- Labor Code section 132a and Serious & Willful Misconduct
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- California Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys Association
- Office Managing Partner
- Senior Partner
- Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2016
- Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law, State Bar of California
- Super Lawyers, Top Attorneys in Northern California 2008-2011
WANT TO CONTACT Elizabeth?