Kelsey joined Hanna Brophy as an associate in December 2012. She defends self-insured employers and insurance carriers in all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation. She is a certified specialist in workers’ compensation and has appeared at nearly all of the administrative law courts of the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board throughout California and is well acquainted with the nuances of each individual Board. Mrs. Paddock also has experience in defending public entities in CalPERS Industrial Disability Retirement disputes. Mrs. Paddock’s practice focuses on in-depth analyses of complex legal issues as well as careful handling of cases through the appeals process.
Mrs. Paddock graduated from Princeton University with a degree in Philosophy in 2007. In 2012, she obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law, where she received awards for her excellence in legal writing and constitutional law. Mrs. Paddock was admitted to the California Bar in 2012 and to the Nevada Bar in 2016.
In her free time, Mrs. Paddock enjoys playing soccer, skiing, and backpacking.
Lawyer’s Club of San Diego
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
how am I green?
I use post-consumer products whenever possible and I am an avid recycler.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Nevada
- Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, State Bar of California
Awards + Rankings
- Cali Award in Constitutional Law II
- Most Outstanding Written Advocate in Legal Skills Course
- A Primer On Your Resort’s Responsibilities Under HIPAA, NSAA Journal, Spring 2017, at 10-12.
- Hanna Brophy Secures a “Take Nothing” in Luis v. WCAB
- Worker’s Compensation: Key COVID-19 Issues